Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Thanksgiving Cottage Highlights

Hey guys Dave here, this post will focus on the highlights of cottaging at Port Cunnington lodge this thanks giving '08. That's a photo of the beautiful lodge. It felt like summer for the 4 days we were there. But before we go into the relaxing vacation I need to share the Solomon tradition of stopping at Webbers. The highly priced not overly special burger and fries truck stop that you have to eat at before going to Port Cunnington. :)
The food was only ok but the important part was spending time with family. It was also funny how Talon has built in social skills ring leading the other random kids around the picnic table. Oh yeah and he was younger than all of them too.
So after a 3 hour car ride we finally arrive at Port Cunnington Lodge. The sight was breathtaking with changing leaves, clear clean lake water a stone throw away and let's not forget to mention the deer which greet us visitors as if they've done it a thousand times before.
So let's take a look "the wren". The cottage we stayed at during our time here. My first and last time to be there because it's being torn down to make room for a new and improved cottage. Now let me clarify here. I didn't actually stay at the wren. I stayed in a more modern open concept cottage about a 2 minute walk down the trail. However I felt that the wren had a warmer feel to it. Kind of like "I could've grown up in the this cottage" type feeling. But they were both awesome! Now let's take a look at some highlights of the trip.
It's been eight years since I last canoed. Canoeing is fun. People should canoe more often. Did I mention I like to canoe? :) And I had a beautiful view in front of me. Haha ok cheese. I love my wife, it's no secret.
Hiking on the orange trial allowed us to see 3 deer all at once. Being out in nature reminds me of when I was a scout. Camping was the best part. Hiking on the orange trail also allowed us the chance to see Neal knock over a tree. Yeah, you read that right. He knocked over a tree. If you don't believe me take a look at this:I just had to mention this for obvious reasons. Neal does funny crap. :) Thanks Mom and Dad Solomon for getting the cottage this year. It's a must have tradition that'll continue for years to come. Webbers too :)

1 comment:

Colleen and Dave said...

That was such a great weekend. We made some fun memories. My favorite thing is to spend time with my family and when you combine that with Muskoka in the fall, that's a bit of heaven!


Our home