Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Morning Sickness... more like ALL DAY sickness


I've been a real blog slacker since creating this blog over a month ago now. Not that there hasn't been any fun or exciting developments in my life since then. There have!

As many of you know by now, Dave and I are expecting our first child in May of 2009. We are totally thrilled, happy, excited, scared, and every other emotion you can feel when you receive such news. I am currently 9 1/2 weeks and up until recently have been feeling pretty good. The nausea however has started to ravage my body with a vengeance and there doesn't appear to be an end in sight! I am having a moment of clarity now and for the time being don't feel like throwing up. Throwing up might in fact be a relief. But no, just a constant feeling that I am going to vomit but never will. The fatigue is becoming almost more than I think I can bare. I am in awe of how much of me my baby needs to thrive right now. I am happy to oblige but am praying for this first trimester to end soon so I can really start enjoying this pregnancy.

I can't say enough about how great Dave has been during this personality transplant of mine. One minute I'm crying and want him to hold me, the next I'm nauseated and need my space. During it all, he just rubs my back and tells me loves me and how beautiful I am... really, don't shake your heads ladies, my husband is simply that terrific! He runs out for food at a moments notice, (cravings are begining already, or is it psychosomatic, who knows!), and basically caters to my every whim.

I've finally relented and this morning called my MD to beg for Diclectin. I didn't want to take it but I think the time has come for me to just admit that I need it. I was supposed to work today, but got three blocks from home and turned around, ran into the bathroom and hoped to be sick but couldn't, I called the charge nurse and told her I wouldn't be in today. My boss is awesome and is really accomodating. Until about 11:30 this morning the only time I didn't feel like vomiting was if I lay flat and didn't move an inch.

Having said all of that, I'm really excited for our first meeting with the midwife tomorrow. Dave is coming with me and as far as I'm aware it's really just an info session so we can both understand what a midwife does, etc... I've done a lot of reading and have carefully chosen to use a midwife so I can't wait to meet her and start building a relationship with her. Then next week we have an early ultra sound to more accurately establish the due date. I'll try to be more prompt with another post to keep you informed.

In the meantime, I'm going to just enjoy the fact that as of right now, I feel pretty darn good, in fact, I may even go wash the dishes.... on second thought......

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Yeah Midwives! Totally the way to go if your pregnancy is uncomplicated. Had and OBGYN with Ethan and then a midwife with Jenna. Would recommend it to anyone! My experience with her was amazing! You will love how personal they are and their way of making it so natural and personal. You really get attached to them too. It was hard to say goodbye to mine! You're gonna love it Farrah! And congrats again! I am soooooooooooo thrilled for you and Dave!

terahreu said...

Farrah, I totally hear you! That is the crappiest thing ever! I would go through birthing a child any day over actually struggling through those first 3 months. There is honestly nothing worse. Plus, you don't have the cute pregnancy look yet. You just feel gross and nauseous.

I can't tell you how happy I am for you! Your baby will be adorible and you will be a fantastic mother.

Oh, by the way, I only felt sick with my girls. My boys were a breeze. Maybe a baby girl is in your future???

Congrats!

LauraSpencer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LauraSpencer said...

Farrah, I can only hope that the diclectin works better for you than it did for me. Don't get me worng it helped alot but never totally rid me of those constant feeling of wanting to vomit and not being able to. I hope for your sake that this particular phase does not last the 5 1/2 months that mine did followed immediately by relentless heartburn for the remaining 3 1/2 months. LOL That being said I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. My daughter is awesome and although she's at the mouthy 7 year old stage of life at the moment I wish mother nature would have co-operated and let me do it one more time. Oh well, Good luck with your preganacy and congratulations again to both you and Dave


Our home